StratOS 0.2 Docs - Client - Installation USB Disk - Linux
- Open a terminal and type
tail -f /var/log/syslog
- Insert the USB drive.
- Search the output of the logfile to locate the device name of the USB pen drive. This will be /dev/sda, sdb, sdc, etc. Note: the partition number is not important, only the device name. Also choosing the wrong drive will erase the content of that mistaken disk, which may contain your system partition.
- Unmount the pen drive if the OS has automatically mounted it.
- type, swapping sda for the correct device:
dd if=/path/to/sosimage-v2.0.img of=/dev/sda
- wait until the write has finished.
- USB pen drive can now be used to boot a thin client.